The Patient-Led Research Collaborative is a group of Long COVID patients who are also researchers. We were born out of the Body Politic Slack support group and did the first research on Long COVID in April 2020. We are all researchers in relevant fields – biomedical research, participatory research, neuroscience, cognitive science, public policy, machine learning, human-centered design, health activism – in addition to having intimate knowledge of COVID-19.
Our mission is to facilitate patient-led and patient-involved research into Long COVID and associated conditions while following rigorous research methodology, and to advocate for policies that enable patients, particularly the most marginalized, to access care and live with dignity. We ground our work in the principles of disability justice and participatory research methods, and in the knowledge that those who experience an illness are best able to identify research questions and solutions.
We value open science and sharing our progress. See our Q&A and project transparency for more.
We have published three papers and co-authored multiple others with collaborators from N3C, Yale, University of Toronto, Imperial College London, University College London, and others.
We regularly meet with the CDC, WHO, NIH and other official medical associations and governments to inform their ongoing Long COVID responses and guidelines. We also consult for other researchers doing work on Long COVID to strengthen their research.
We have several major projects underway:
- a $5 million fund for biomedical research, where all awards are decided by patients
- a study looking at how reinfections impact people with and without Long Covid
- an ongoing publication of patient-generated hypotheses designed to give researchers ideas to pursue
- a qualitative research project looking at the impact of Long Covid in LMIC countries
- a collaboration with CMSS on a grant from PCORI to create a patient-led scorecard for patient involvement in research
- a paper on who does and does not have mental health outcomes in Long Covid
- a review paper on existing Long Covid biomedical research
- a project to analyze and create phenotypes of Long Covid
COVID Reinfections Survey
Our new Online Survey on the Health Outcomes of COVID-19 Reinfections is available. Everyone worldwide is welcome to take our survey, whether you have had COVID-19 once, multiple times, or have not yet had it. If you are under 18, an adult caregiver must complete the survey on your behalf. Participants in the US will be eligible to be entered into a drawing for three $100 Amazon gift cards.
Your unique experience is the key to help us understand the impact of COVID reinfections.
Take the Survey (English)
Responda a pesquisa (Português, Portuguese)
Responda nuestra encuesta en Español
Tomar la encuesta en Francés
شارك في استبياننا باللغة العربية
COVID-19 Patient Experience Survey
We invite you to take part in our study if you:
- Previously experienced or are currently experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Have a suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Are over 18 years of age
Responda ao questionário (Português, Portuguese)
Participer à l’enquête (Française, French)
Tomar la encuesta (Español, Spanish)
De enquete invullen (Nederlands, Dutch)
Completa il questionario (Italiano, Italian)
Пройдите опрос (русский, Russian)
Ikuti survei (Bahasa Indonesia, Indonesian)
شارك في الدراسة! (Arabic, العربية)
This study is sponsored by University College London (UCL), London, UK.